Thursday, February 3, 2011

DIY: No-Sew Drapes

Late last night I was excited to see our UPS man. He dropped off a big box holding 9 yards of fabric that I was excited to turn into drapes for our bedroom.

With J's help, we got to work right away. I had big plans about finishing up the drapes quickly and getting them up. I was wrong. It turns out that it takes some patience and time to finish up the drapes properly.

We first laid the fabric out in a hallway to measure the panels for the big windows in our bedroom.

I was EXTREMELY nervous about cutting the fabric. I was terrified that the measurements would be all wrong and I'd screw the whole thing up. J reassured me that his math is never wrong (so true) so I let go of my fear and followed the pattern to make a straight cut across.

Once the panels were cut (all 4) we started using our no-sew bonding tape. It took a few minutes to get a hang of the whole thing and J was quite skeptical that this tape would actually hold. We quickly realized we needed to make some adjustments to the directions (like holding the iron down for a longer period of time and raising the heat setting a tad higher).

The rest of the night was quite uneventful and looked like this:

I eventually called it a night and left two drapes to finish off this morning. I'm excited to say they are all finally done!!! I can't wait to get them up this evening. I was surprised at how easy the whole process was once we had a was just more time consuming than I had anticipated.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the awesome idea! Will try very soon.


Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing what you have to say. If you have any specific questions, please email me at Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...