- Early in December we found out that we are expecting a healthy baby GIRL! Every time we get to see her sweet little face I find myself in complete awe. The first time we saw her she was just a little dot and now she's a wiggle worm with long legs. Our baby girl will be the 4th girl joining the family. We have a niece that joined the family in November, another coming sometime this month, and another one arriving sometime in February. I wonder what we will all do when all 4 girls are 13! I see myself enjoying a glass of wine or two ;-) .
- Pregnancy brain is NO JOKE! I hate to admit the things I have thought/said/done some days. One day a sweet lady at TJ Maxx pointed out that my shirt was not only backwards but inside out. Oops.
- Besides the regular aches and pain, things have been pretty uneventful. My exercise ball, yoga videos and bath tub have become my best friends. My favorite monthly treat is a wonderful massage from our doula...it makes mama and baby pretty happy!
- We are getting ready to start our Bradley childbirth classes this week! I guess this whole giving birth thing will have to happen at some point.
- We have yet to officially start working on the nursery. I'm actually in no hurry, except for random nights where I feel completely overwhelmed and have a great need to plan and nest.
- I constantly dream about eating Mission Burrito or Chipotle burrito bowls. It's a problem.
- I no longer sleep through the night. I usually get 3-4 hours of sleep and then I'm wide awake for hours before I can finally go back to sleep.
- I have become obsessed with cloth diapers! We plan to cloth diaper baby from day one, so I have spent many, many, many nights researching and purchasing the tiniest and cutest cloth diapers in the world. If you're a cloth diapering mama and have any tips for me, please share! I plan to use natural fibers with covers over synthetics for the most part and also plan to add some wool to my stash.
Tuesday, January 8, 2013
A little update on what's been going on!
I can't believe 2013 has finally arrived! It looks like this year will be a heck of a year for the mister and I. It's been a long time since I've blogged regularly or even cared about decorating my house. I can't promise when that will ever happen again, but I've received a few emails wondering how baby and I are doing...so, I figured it's time for an update.
Posted by Elsa at 7:00 AM